Doomsday North VIII - Whitby - 2017 Tickets
Friday 19th – Saturday 20th May 2017
Sneaton Castle, Whitby, YO21 3QN, UK
Doomsday VIII is the premier Bizarre and Mystery Entertainment event in the UK and covers all aspects of macabre magic, freakish sideshow acts and typically anything that might cause you to look away in disbelief! This is as close as you can get to a real Addams Family gathering, and yes we do consider ourselves a family albeit a strange one! So why not join us for an inspiring weekend as we delve into the minds of some of Bizarre Magic's greatest thinkers and performers.
Lectures, workshops and performances start on Friday evening at 1800 with the opening ceremony and culminate on Saturday night with the infamous Doomsday social and the Hex Factor.
I am proud to announce the American Invasion with Prof BC and three other never seen before acts and lectures from across the pond!
For those arriving early on the Thursday there will be a chance to explore Bram Stoker's Whitby
Also shameless dealer demos and much merriment!
Welcome drinks from 1800 with giveaways and gifts, the original opening ceremony and back by popular demand 'Doctor Diablo's Carnival Macabre'!
▪ We welcome back Alain the Storyteller for the opening ceremony and his Grimoire Show
▪ Dr Todd Landman also joins us after a few years absence with 'The Box'
▪ Author F.R. Maher takes us on a journey into the occult and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and the Cottingley Fairies on the 100 year anniversary of the event
▪ Prof BC, this man needs no introduction! The greatest thinker and producer in storytelling magic makes an honorary appearance once again
▪ Vlad returns to his ancestral home for a show of undead entertainment, virgins required!
▪ Alex Roemer one of Germany's top storytelling Magic performers will reveal some amazing Tarot based effects
▪ Wino Caestecker, last years Hex Factor winner returns will a full performance slot!
▪ Vince Wilson joins us from Delaware US for his Magic and Murder Mystery Show
The Hex Factor 2017 - ACTS NEEDED!
Do you have what it takes to win this years Hex Factor? Each performer is given a 5-10 minute slot in which to display their magic routines, disturbing talents or anything you feel suitable for the Doomsday audience. A panel of judges will give feedback but ultimately the audience will decide the best act of the evening.
The winner will be awarded a full performance spot at Doomsday 9 and a pair of free tickets but more importantly they will win the The Hex Factor trophy!
There will be no ticket sales on the door!
As we need to know the number of attendees prior to the event there will be no tickets sold on the day. All tickets need to be purchased beforehand, anyone turning up unannounced will be fed to the hounds.
Anyone interested in lecturing, performing or trading at Doomsday should contact us here
- We are continuing to restrict ticket numbers to ensure a selective and like-minded attendance. A few additional tickets are being made available this year but remember, tickets are strictly limited.
- The venue have requested that a ‘Day Delegate’ fee be paid by those not staying at the venue - to cover refreshments and a meal on the Saturday event. This has been incorporated into the pricing options.
- If you are staying at Sneaton Castle meals and refreshments are included as part of your accomodation and ticket price.
All accomodation arrangements must be made independently. To book directly with Sneaton Castle +441947 600051 and mention DOOMSDAY!
Sneaton Castle Centre is situated in beautiful and extensive grounds adjacent to St Hilda's Priory and is within walking distance of the heart of the historic and picturesque seaside town of Whitby, affording easy access to some of the most glorious countryside in the United Kingdom, notably the North Yorkshire Moors and coastline.
Sneaton Castle offers a wide range of accommodation. Standard rooms are well serviced with bathrooms, showers and toilets as well as access to comfortable television lounges.
Whitby town centre is a 10 minute drive away so staying at the Sneaton Castle represents the best choice in staying close to the event (and a short staggering distance to bed after the social!)
If the event is cancelled, rescheduled or has changed location, you are entitled to a refund of at least the face value of the ticket. You’re not entitled to a refund if you can no longer attend the event.